Are you paying too much of an interest cost on INR loans? Are you planning to replace your INR loans with USD or EUR loans? Are you concerned about the risks involved with foreign currency borrowings? Are you looking for the right hedge strategies which can reduce cost and at the same time eliminate risk to provide you optimum IRR and cost savings? Do you want to know about all aspects of foreign currency loan hedging like hedge accounting, swaps, options, ISDA, Regulations?
QuantArt along with IIM Calcutta brings a 100% online programme on
“Risk Management and hedging on Foreign Exchange Loans including ECB”
The programme will be conducted on the 29th and 30th of January 2021.
What will you achieve?
- You will be able to track and monitor Fx and interest rates markets in a much deeper way.
- You will know about various ways of availing of Foreign Exchange funding in India.
- Understand various hedge instruments like LTFX, Swaps, Options, and their pros and cons.
- Have the ability to design and execute the right hedge strategy for your company’s Fx loans and save cost.
- Manage Libor transition smoothly.
- Understand hedge accounting and how to use them on your loan hedging.
- Understand key aspects of ISDA negotiation, Variation margin, etc.
- Understand regulations related to foreign currency loan hedging.
- Negotiate better price for loan hedging on swaps, LTFX, and options.
Why should you attend?
- This is a customized program designed for strategy and decision-makers to stay on top of the present currency fluctuations.
- This program blends the best of pedagogy with actual market experience. The faculty members are stalwarts in their area of expertise. Quantart has managed the exposure of corporates and maximized returns on the exposure.
- The training is specifically designed considering the key challenges faced by senior management in treasuries of corporates and banks.
- By focusing on the business issues behind the training needs, we can ensure that the content and focus are targeted 100% on the needs of the business.
- Our trainers are among the few leading figures in FX Risk. Management with a wealth of experience in risk management.
- We have successfully trained more than 500 senior management people and bankers, and we didn’t only meet but have always surpassed the expectations of participants.
- You become part of the 2021 Quantart Empowerment Programme. The objective of which is to empower Executives in managing day-to-day Foreign Exchange challenges through our training, webinars, reports, tools. You will also be able to ask us specific queries in these public forums.
Meet the Faculty
Prof. Partha Ray
Partha Ray is a Professor of Economics at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM C) since 2011. At IIMC, he teaches courses on Macroeconomics India and Global Economy; Global Political Economy of the Twenty-first century; Crisis & Contagion; and Issues in Central Banking. He has also taught as a guest faculty in a number of Management Institutes such as IIM Lucknow (course on “Global Environment of Business”) and IIM Ranchi (“India and the Global Economy”). Partha Ray was educated in Calcutta (M.Sc in Economics from Calcutta University), Mumbai (Ph. D in economics from Mumbai University), and Oxford (Diploma in Advanced Management from Templeton College, Oxford University, UK).
Samir Lodha founded QuantArt in 2012 January which has been running for the last 8 years. He is an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) and has around 20 years of experience in Forex and Interest rate risk management. Prior to that, he had worked in senior positions with foreign exchange treasuries of JP Morgan (Executive Director), HSBC (Associate Director), and ICICI Bank wherein he advised large companies across India on risk management and hedging of foreign exchange and interest rates exposures. He has significant experience in Fx and rate markets along with a sound experience and understanding of global markets, market economics, hedging strategies, hedge algorithms, price calculation, and risk-return optimization.
Srinivas Puni is an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) with over 15 years of experience in structuring forex and interest rates derivatives. He has worked with banks like JP Morgan, Standard Chartered, Yes Bank, and Axis Bank in the past. He conducts training on foreign exchange and risk management as well as advises specifically large clients. Srinivas has an in-depth understanding of the quantitative models behind derivative valuation and related CVA, DVA, FVA modeling. He specifically handles pricing, valuations, structuring, risk modeling etc
- Global Financial Markets and Impact on Fx and Interest Rates (29th Jan, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM)
– Covers US monetary policy
– Global growth
– Trade dynamics
– Effects of the stimulus
– Interest rate parity theory
- Federal Reserve, ECB, BOE and RBI – Interest rate outlook (29th Jan, 6:45 PM – 8:00 PM)
– Interest rate futures – Fed funds, Eurodollar market
– RBI regulations related to risk management and hedging
– Interest rate markets – Money markets and bond markets
– Libor, treasury curve and the swap curve
- Foreign Exchange Loan (ECB etc),hedge instruments and strategies (30th Jan, 10:30 AM – 11:45 AM)
– Swaps, Concept of FRA, interest rate and currency swaps
– Conventions and terminologies – LIBOR, day count conventions, holiday conventions, stub etc
– CCS, POS, COS, IRS in Indian context along with examples
– Long term forwards and their equivalence to swaps
– Pricing of strategies and computation of IRR under various strategies
- Practical Loan hedging – Hedge accounting, Risk management policy, ISDA, CVA-DVA, Hedge Regulations, etc. (30th Jan, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM)
– IndAS – Hedge Accounting, Hedge effectiveness testing, Accounting treatment of hedges
– Fx Risk management best practices & policy
– ISDA and ISDA Negotiation
– MTM and CVA DVA
– Regulations related to hedging
|Sequoia Capital||Mitsubishi Electric|
|Himadri||West Coast Paper|
|Siddhartha Bank||Balmer Lawrie|
|Reserve Bank of India||Idea|
|Tata Steel||General Motors|
|Glenmark Pharma||Garware Wall Ropes Ltd|
|Cyient||Larsen & Toubro|
|Syndicate Bank||Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.
|ONGC Petro Additions||Schneider Electric|
|Reliance Industries||Reserve Bank of India||Bloomberg||Hindalco|
|Tata Power||Tata Steel||Grasim||Idea|
|Sequoia Capital||KPMG||Mitsubishi Electric||General Motors|
|IndusInd Bank||GE Shipping||Adani||Valvoline|
|Cargill||Glenmark Pharma||EXIM Bank||Cadilla|
|Renew Power||Cyient||CCIL||Garware Wall Ropes Ltd|
|Himadri||Graphite||West Coast Paper||Larsen & Toubro|
|SPIC||Syndicate Bank||Mercedes Benz||SBI|
|Thyssenkrupp||ONGC Petro Additions||AXIS Bank||Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.|
|Siddhartha Bank||Louis Dreyfus||Balmer Lawrie||Schneider Electric|
“The session is very informative and useful.”
Relationship Manager – Treasury, One of the Top 3 banks in India.
“The content was very apt and the quality of the sessions was good.”
Manager, One of the Big 4 audit firms.
“Practical discussions rather than vague speculation. It was overall a good session indeed.”
Treasury Manager, One of the largest automotive sector in India.
“Risk Management – Chances of improving profitability as well as cost savings.”
GM – Finance & Accounts, Company specializes in manufacturing Air Handling Systems.
“The quality of presentation and content was great.”
Manager – Corporate Finance & Accounts, One of the largest agro-based company in India.
“The session was very informative and insightful.”
One of the largest French MNC’s.
“The training was very good and helpful and consistent. It was thorough and relevant.”
Sr. Executive (Risk Officer), One of the largest agro-based company in India.
“The session was very interesting and interactive too”
Financial Controls and Process Improvement & CS, One of the largest manufacturers of high-quality engineering components.