If you are an exporter you would be apprehensive at the weakening USD. Are you seeing an erosion of your estimated profits? Do you worry about how weak can the USD get? Can you protect your future profits? What are the best strategies and instruments? What cost will you incur for safeguarding your future profits?
If you are an importer you are happy with the weakening USD. How do you maximize the situation? Can you take any steps that will help you reap the future benefits of a weakening USD today?
The US Dollar is weakening against every currency in the world driven by US expansionary monetary policy and in search of yield. INR also moved back to 73.00 levels after almost touching 77.00. There are predictions by many research firms that USDINR may move to 72.0, 71.0, or even 70.0 as USD weakness will continue amidst increased foreign inflow.
QuantArt along with IIM Calcutta brings a 100% online programme on Foreign Exchange Risk Management for Exporters and Importers. The programme will be conducted on the 15th and 16th of January, 2021.
What will you achieve?
- You will be able to understand the practical aspects of analyzing all the factors that drive USDINR. You will be able to make sense of the same on a regular basis.
- You will know all the possible strategies, best practices, and will be able to deploy them effectively in your organization.
- You will be able to design and execute export and import hedging strategies that are best in the industry.
- You will be able to manage risk better
- By implementing the strategies and principles discussed you will be able to bring in significant revenue and profitability boost as well as cost savings to your firm.
- It will help in your present and future professional career.
Why should you attend ?
- This is a customized program designed for strategy and decision-makers to stay on top of the present currency fluctuations.
- This program blends the best of pedagogy with actual market experience. The faculty members are stalwarts in their area of expertise. Quantart has managed the exposure of corporates and maximized returns on the exposure.
- The training is specifically designed considering the key challenges faced by senior management in treasuries of corporates and banks.
- By focusing on the business issues behind the training needs, we can ensure that the content and focus are targeted 100% on the needs of the business.
- Our trainers are among the few leading figures in FX Risk. Management with a wealth of experience in risk management.
- We have successfully trained more than 500 senior management people and bankers, and we didn’t only meet but have always surpassed the expectations of participants
- You become part of the 2021 Quantart Empowerment Programme. The objective of which is to empower Executives in managing day-to-day Foreign Exchange challenges through our training, webinars, reports, tools. You will also be able to ask us specific queries in these public forums.
Meet the Faculty
Prof. Partha Ray
Partha Ray is a Professor of Economics at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM C) since 2011. At IIMC, he teaches courses on Macroeconomics India and Global Economy; Global Political Economy of the Twenty-first century; Crisis & Contagion; and Issues in Central Banking. He has also taught as a guest faculty in a number of Management Institutes such as IIM Lucknow (course on “Global Environment of Business”) and IIM Ranchi (“India and the Global Economy”). Partha Ray was educated in Calcutta (M.Sc in Economics from Calcutta University), Mumbai (Ph. D in economics from Mumbai University), and Oxford (Diploma in Advanced Management from Templeton College, Oxford University, UK).
Samir Lodha founded QuantArt in 2012 January which has been running for the last 8 years. He is an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) and has around 20 years of experience in Forex and Interest rate risk management. Prior to that, he had worked in senior positions with foreign exchange treasuries of JP Morgan (Executive Director), HSBC (Associate Director), and ICICI Bank wherein he advised large companies across India on risk management and hedging of foreign exchange and interest rates exposures. He has significant experience in Fx and rate markets along with a sound experience and understanding of global markets, market economics, hedging strategies, hedge algorithms, price calculation, and risk-return optimization.
Srinivas Puni is an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) with over 15 years of experience in structuring forex and interest rates derivatives. He has worked with banks like JP Morgan, Standard Chartered, Yes Bank, and Axis Bank in the past. He conducts training on foreign exchange and risk management as well as advises specifically large clients. Srinivas has an in-depth understanding of the quantitative models behind derivative valuation and related CVA, DVA, FVA modeling. He specifically handles pricing, valuations, structuring, risk modeling etc.
- Global Financial Markets and the World Economy (15th January 2021, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM)
– Covers US monetary policy
– Global growth
– Trade dynamics
– Effects of the stimulus
– Future of Dollar
- Fx Economics and USDINR Outlook formation (15th January 2021, 6:45 PM – 8:00 PM)
– Studying local and global factors that influence the Fx market
– And forming a view on USDINR.
- Understanding Hedge instruments and Hedge strategies applicable for Exporters and Importers (16th January 2021, 10:30 AM – 11:45 AM)
– Forwards, Par Forwards and LTFX – Pricing and regulations
– Options & Option structures as applicable for exporters and importers.
– Natural hedge and loan into FC
– Hedge strategies like Budget rate targeting, Dynamic hedging, Laddering
– Regulations related to hedging
- Strategies to manage specific Fx challenges of Exporters and Importers (16th January 2021, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM)
– How to get the right cash, tom, spot rate
– Risk management best practices
– Specific case studies of few industries like Pharma, Auto, Textiles, Tech
– Excel worksheets as applicable
– Extensive Q&A
|Sequoia Capital||Mitsubishi Electric|
|Himadri||West Coast Paper|
|Siddhartha Bank||Balmer Lawrie|
|Reserve Bank of India||Idea|
|Tata Steel||General Motors|
|Glenmark Pharma||Garware Wall Ropes Ltd|
|Cyient||Larsen & Toubro|
|Syndicate Bank||Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.
|ONGC Petro Additions||Schneider Electric|
|Reliance Industries||Reserve Bank of India||Bloomberg||Hindalco|
|Tata Power||Tata Steel||Grasim||Idea|
|Sequoia Capital||KPMG||Mitsubishi Electric||General Motors|
|IndusInd Bank||GE Shipping||Adani||Valvoline|
|Cargill||Glenmark Pharma||EXIM Bank||Cadilla|
|Renew Power||Cyient||CCIL||Garware Wall Ropes Ltd|
|Himadri||Graphite||West Coast Paper||Larsen & Toubro|
|SPIC||Syndicate Bank||Mercedes Benz||SBI|
|Thyssenkrupp||ONGC Petro Additions||AXIS Bank||Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.|
|Siddhartha Bank||Louis Dreyfus||Balmer Lawrie||Schneider Electric|
“The session is very informative and useful.”
Relationship Manager – Treasury, One of the Top 3 banks in India.
“The content was very apt and the quality of the sessions was good.”
Manager, One of the Big 4 audit firms.
“Practical discussions rather than vague speculation. It was overall a good session indeed.”
Treasury Manager, One of the largest automotive sector in India.
“Risk Management – Chances of improving profitability as well as cost savings.”
GM – Finance & Accounts, Company specializes in manufacturing Air Handling Systems.
“The quality of presentation and content was great.”
Manager – Corporate Finance & Accounts, One of the largest agro-based company in India.
“The session was very informative and insightful.”
One of the largest French MNC’s.
“The training was very good and helpful and consistent. It was thorough and relevant.”
Sr. Executive (Risk Officer), One of the largest agro-based company in India.
“The session was very interesting and interactive too”
Financial Controls and Process Improvement & CS, One of the largest manufacturers of high-quality engineering components.